Hasbro Children's Hospital
When your child is hurting, rely on our expert providers for leading-edge care.
- About Hasbro Children's Hospital
- Information for Visitors
- Patient & Family Centered Care
- Principles and Philosophies
- Your Child's Stay
- The GetWellNetwork
- Meet the Health Care Team
- Hasbro Children's Hospital Telephone Directory
- Patient Meals
- Accommodations for Families
- Special Services
- Patient Safety Tips
- Ethics and Patient Rights
- Ronald McDonald House of Providence
- Going Home: What to Expect
- Specialty Clinics
- Our Centers & Services
- Our Locations
- Giving to Hasbro Children's Hospital
- Good Night Lights
Going Home: What to Expect
When your child is ready to go home, a nurse will meet with you to be sure that you have:
- Instructions about the care that your child may need at home
- Information about home care services that may help your child
- Information about community organizations that can help your child
- Met with a staff member to plan your child’s care
- Ordered supplies your child may need
If you think your child will be discharged soon, please remember to bring in the clothes that he or she will wear home and arrange for transportation.
Lost and Found
If you return home and discover that you left something important at the hospital, please call the nursing station on the floor where your child received care as soon as possible.
Soon after your child’s discharge, you will receive a bill for services.
If you do not have health insurance or can demonstrate a financial hardship, a financial counselor will speak with you about financial assistance and will help you make arrangements to pay the bill. The social services department may also be helpful in directing you to community resources that can help you pay the hospital bill.
If you have any questions about hospital charges and your child is still in the hospital, call 401-444-4701. After your child’s discharge, call billing/patient financial services at 401-444-6966 with your billing questions. The office is staffed Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.