Information for Visitors
Visiting a Patient
Hasbro Children's Hospital has temporary measures in place to minimize traffic and potential exposure in our hospitals, protecting patients and staff.
Visitor Badge System
Hasbro Children’s Hospital has a badge system for visitors to limit the spread of germs, allow time for patients and families to rest, reduce noise during visiting hours, and provide a safe environment.
- A maximum of four blue badges are issued for parents or guardians (those with yellow or blue wristbands).
- To enter the unit, others must have one of three red “visitor” badges allotted to each family. An adult must accompany any visitor under age 16.
- Sibling badges marked with an “S” sticker are given to children age 12 and older, but are not counted against the allowance of three “visitor” badges.
- A staff member might question you if you are not wearing a badge because these rules are for the health and safety of our patients.
- Parents may request that a social worker arrange for a large or otherwise special group to visit.
Mail, Flowers and Gifts
Cards and letters will arrive sooner if addressed as follows:
Child's full name and floor number
c/o Rhode Island Hospital,
Hasbro Children's Hospital
593 Eddy Street
Providence, RI 02903
Flowers and other gifts are welcome, but rubber latex or plastic balloons may not be given to children because they present a choking hazard and may cause allergic reactions. Mylar balloons are allowed.
Please be sure that your child's full name and floor location are given to the delivery service. If your child is in the PICU, flowers are not allowed.
Lori's Gifts, a full-service gift shop, is located on the first floor of the Hasbro Children’s Hospital lobby opposite the traffic circle. It is open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Saturday and Sunday, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Directions and Parking
Visitors to Hasbro Children's Hospital can park in the Willard Avenue Garage (see map). Valet service is available at the hospital's Dudley Street entrance.
Other helpful links:
- Directions to all Rhode Island Hospital buildings
- Rhode Island Hospital main campus map (mobile-friendly version | printable version)
- Less than 30 minutes: free
- 30 minutes to two hours: $5
- Two hours to four hours: $6
- Four hours to 24 hours: $7
Parents of our pediatric patients pay a $2 parking fee per day with a patient identification bracelet in the main lobby of Rhode Island Hospital, in the Zecchino Pavillion.
There is a self-pay station in the lobby, where other visitors can pay the parking fee before returning to their cars. The representative is available in the main building lobby Monday through Sunday, 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Visitors may request a security escort to the parking lot by calling 401-444-5221.
Valet Parking has gotten even better for our patients and families who are authorized for valet parking.
VPNE Parking solutions has added “TEXT IT IN” which will provide patients and families the ability to text for the return and pick up of their vehicle. Just text the ticket number on the front of the parking receipt. The number to text will be provided on a card when the vehicle is dropped off.
This time-saving enhancement covers Hasbro, Ambulatory Patient Center and Medical Office Complex valet locations.
If you have any questions please feel free to call the parking office at 401-444-4013.
Rhode Island Public Transit Authority (RIPTA) buses stop outside the entrance to the upper lobby of Hasbro Children’s Hospital (off the main circle) about every 20 minutes during the day, and once every hour in the evening. Bus service to the hospital begins at 6:15 a.m. and ends at 11:42 p.m. A RIPTA bus schedule is available at the hospital’s information desk.
For more information on routes and fares, please call RIPTA directly at 401-781-9400 or visit RIPTA's web site.